Friquantly Asked questions
Customers Frequently Asked Question
1. What are the major service rendered by National Archives and Library Agency?
National Archives and Library Agency provide two major service for its customers. These are:-
I. Library Service
• Loan and reference service
• Internet service
• ISBN service
• Microfilm and Microfiche reading and printing service
• Manuscripts Translation service
• Bibliography service
• HIV/AIDS Research and information service
• Photo copy service
• Inter Library loan service
• Regional libraries’ capacity building service
• Consultancy and Training service
II. Archive and Record Administration Service
• Archives reference and research service.
• Federal government agencies records appraisal and disposition service.
• Reading service on the records available in the record center.
• Archives and records consultancy Training.
2. What type of documents found in legal deposit section? What are the pre-condition to get service in this section?
• The legal deposit section holds Books, magazine and news papers printed in the country since 1926. The major function of this section is to preserve all the publications that are produced in the country. It also gives reading service when a certain document is not available in other sections.
• To get service in the legal deposit section, customers should have a letter of support/ Recommendation from legally reorganized body of the state, college or university.
3. What are the expected criteria from customers to be member of library?
• Customers who need to be member of library should fulfill the following criteria:-
I. Should have the capacity of paying registration and annual membership fee.
• Book (Non-management) 70 Birr
• ElT /English Language teaching/100
• DVD 300 Birr
• Core collection (management) 150 Birr
• For any books 1500 Birr, with DVD 1800.
II. Should have a bail who is civil servant or has legally recognized trade license.
4. What is the meaning of Archive?
• Archives are non current records of an organization preserved because of their enduring values. It is the collection of historical records of government agencies, non-governmental organization and individuals.
5.What are the pre condition to get service in Archives section?
To get service in Archive section you need to have a letter of request from legally recognized body of the state, college or university.
6. Is that possible to copy document from microfilm section?
Yes, It is possible to copy ten pages of each documents’. The payment is Four birr per page.
7. What kinds of criteria is expected from customer to use kids library? In order to use kids library customers should fulfill the following criteria:-
I. Should be His/her age is below 15 years.
II. Should have customer ID of the agency for which the agency charges 10 Birr. Users should bring one copy of their photographs.